9 Week Activities:
ELA - Reading: Gilberto and The Wind
Oscar and the Cricket A Book About Moving
- Identify the letters in your first and last name. (Goal is
to learn all the letters of the alphabet)
English - monolingual
English/Spanish for dual language class
Math - Rote count 1- 20, identify numbers 1 - 10, match objects to the
-Identify shapes and understand that no matter which way you turn the shape, it remains the same shape. English/Spanish
Science - Forces: push/pull, movement. Will something heavy move
faster or slower than something that weighs less?
Social Studies - Identify the American flag and the Texas flag.
Tour school and start identifying key personnel:
Principal Mrs. Martinez, Assistant Principal Ms. Sarah James, Assistant Principal Ms. Parra, Nurse Bolt,
Counselor Mrs. Pedregon, Head Custodian Mr. Arellano,
,In order to facilitate independence and allow your child to be prepared for the future your child should be encouraged to assist in the following chores at home:
1. Talk to your children. Listen to their stories and ideas. Encourage them to explore and develop their curiosity. Give them hypothetical situations "What if we could go to the moon? What if we could go into the ocean? How would we go? What should we pack? etc, etc.
2. Check homework folder on a daily basis.
3. Reading (Read books to your children and provide flash
cards to review Basic Sight Words, Numbers, etc)
Reading their Basic Sight Words, Vocabulary words in English/Spanish
4. Personal data: Study home address/ phone number
5. Help at home with chores such as picking up and putting away toys.